If you are having trouble with your Realme earbuds (or neckbands), there is a reset process that you can follow. Resetting your Bluetooth earphones will help to restore the earphones to their initial settings and may solve some common issues. But before you start the reset process, there are a few things that you need to take care of. In this post we will discuss the reset process and how to do it in less than 1 minute.
Before you reset your Realme Earbuds/Neckbands
Now that you have decided to factory reset your realme earbuds (or neckband), the next steps include some precautions. Following these steps keeps your earphone’s internal chips safe from any burnouts:
- Make sure your earphones are charged enough. Do NOT try to reset it if it is completely exhausted. Plug it in for at least 20 minutes, so that it gains about 20% battery. For realme earbuds, place the earbuds inside the case for 20 minutes. This is to ensure that the earphones do not shut down forcefully in the middle of the reset.
- Disconnect everything. Unpair your earbuds from your smartphone or laptop. Following this, your realme earphones won’t connect to any known device automatically. It is mandatory to reset your realme Bluetooth earphones.
Steps to Reset Realme Earbuds
You are now fully prepared to start the reset process. But before we can give you the exact steps, you need to know which realme earbuds or neckband model you are using. This is important because every model has a different resetting procedure. If you’re not sure of your model name, you can refer to the product box or simply try the reset process for any realme earbuds or earphones we’re going to share.
Reset realme buds Air 2 or Air 3
- Make sure you have followed the pre-requisites as I have explained above.
- Now, open the lid of the power case, take out the earbuds & put them back into the case.
- On the right side of your power case, there is a small button that is not visible otherwise. Locate the reset button.
- Press & hold the reset button for 10 seconds. The white LED will blink & turn off. If you are using realme bus Air 3, you will see green & red light blinking. This confirms the reset process completion.
- Next, eject the earbuds from the charging case and turn ON the Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- Search for Bluetooth devices and pair the earbuds before playing music.
How to reset Realme buds q2 neo?
- Place the earbuds in the charging case after disconnecting them from the device.
- Take the earbuds out of the case.
- Now, touch & hold the touch sensors of both the earbuds at the same time for 10 seconds.
- This should do a reset on your realme earbuds. However, there is no way to confirm this. You can pair the earbuds to your phone & see if the problem with your Bluetooth earbuds is resolved.
- If the reset is not done, place the earbuds in the case. Keep the lid open and touch both sensors for 10 seconds. This should reset your earbuds.
If you have realme buds Air Pro or Air Neo, follow one of these steps to reset your earbuds.
Factory Resetting Realme buds Wireless 2 Neckbands?
Regardless of which realme Bluetooth neckband you are using, the process for reset is the same. Whether it is realme buds wireless 2 neo, 2 Pro or any other neckband, follow these steps & have your earphones reset without looking at the user manual:
- Follow every step I have said before you prepare for the reset. i.e- disconnect everything, keep it atleast 20% charged and turn off all your Bluetooth devices (smartphones, laptops, etc).
- For now, do not stick the earbuds together. Doing this would switch off the earphones. You have to keep it ON (in pairing mode), but get disconnected from all devices. Detach the earbuds so that the LED light keeps blinking.
- Now, in the control panel buttons, locate the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons. Press them simultaneously for 5 seconds. Pressing both of these buttons at the same time will factory reset your Realme neckband.
- Now, stick the earbuds together (to switch them off) and separate them after a few seconds.
- Congrats! Your realme Bluetooth headset is ON now & it has been reset. Take the command of your smartphone & pair it up & have some music!
Watch the video from Chhoti problems explaining the above steps:
Why are my Realme earbuds not working?
There are several reasons why your earbuds might not be working and you may need to factory reset them. These are a few reasons (but not limited to) to reset the earphones/earbuds:
- Only one side is working.
- Frequent connection & disconnection issues.
- Battery dies too fast.
- Auto pairing function doesn’t work (or work occasionally).
- Earphones stay silent during phone calls.
- They do not connect easily.
That’s how we conclude the topic of resetting your realme earbuds (neckbands) & give it a reboot. If you still can’t reset it, it’s probably because you are using a newer model, & you should refer to the user manual to figure out the exact reset steps. If you are using boAt Rockerz earphones, see the reset steps.
If the battery issue is happening because of a software malfunction, resetting the earbuds might solve it. However, if the battery is really old then it is time to replace it or get a new Bluetooth earphone.