Do you have a boAt Rockerz earphone that isn’t working correctly? This guide will show you how to reset any boAt Rockerz model in the easiest way. We will wee how you can reset boAt Rockerz 255 Sports, 330, 510, 550, 600 or any other model you might be using.
5 Reasons Why You Need to Reset Your Bluetooth Earphones
If your boAt rockerz is not working, these are the common issues that require a reset:
- Only one side is working.
- Frequent disconnection issues.
- Pairing problems
- IWP feature not working
- Earphones work for music but stay silent during calls.
Prepare for Factory Reset Process of boAt Rockerz Earphones
Before you start the actual process of factory reset, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. These are the preconditions:
- Disconnect your earphones from any device it might be connected to. To do this, you can either turn off the Bluetooth of your smartphone or laptop, or forget the device in the Bluetooth settings. This way, your boAt rockerz will not connect automatically during the reset process.
- Stick both earbuds together. Since most of boAt rockerz models come with magnetic housing, sticking them together will stop the music. Also, doing this will turn the earphones OFF.
- Keep the earphones charged. Yes, please don’t initiate the reset process unless it is charged enough- at least 20%. If the battery is exhausted, plug it in for 5 minutes to make sure it is reset ready.
Steps to Reset boAt Rockerz Bluetooth Earphones
Now that you are fully prepared with resetting the boAt rockerz, next step is to know which boAt model you’re using. This is important because the reset procedure is different for different Rockerz models. In this article, we have covered the top boAt Rockerzs which are more famous than others. Following this process will repair your Bluetooth earphones from most of the problems.
How to reset boAt rockerz 255 Sports (or Pro+)?
1. Disconnect the earphones from your smartphone/laptop and stick the earbuds together.
2. In the inline button control panel, there are three buttons: volume up (+), volume down (-) and MFB. You have to press the volume up (+) & down (-) buttons at the same time for 7 seconds.
3. After 7 seconds, you will notice that the blue light flashes 4 times. This confirms that the reset of boAt Rockerz 255 is complete.
4. Separate the earbuds, & re-pair the earphones to your smartphone to enjoy some music.
Here’s a video from Chhoti Problems explaining the same:
If you are using boAt Rockerz 330, reset it by following the same steps.
Note: You can reset the boAt Rockerz 255 Pro+ by following the same steps. The only difference is that you will see blue & red light blinking for 5 seconds.
How do I reset boAt rockerz 255 Pro?
Press power & volume down (-) buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. Rest all steps are the same.
Steps to Reset boAt Rockerz 335
Press the multi-function button (MFB) for 7 seconds. Doing this will blink a blue light, confirming the rest. Rest all steps are the same.
How to reset boAt rockerz 510 headphones?
Long press the MFB for 8 seconds and this will turn it off. Again, press the MFB button for 8s & it will turn on.
Resetting boAt Rockerz 550
Long press the power & volume down (-) buttons at the same time for up to 7 seconds. You will notice that blue & red LEDs keep blinking for a moment. Congrats! you have successfully reset your boAt Rockerz 550 headphones.
If you are using any of the boAt rockerz model, you now have the steps to reset it real quick. If you use any other mode like Rockerz 330 Pro, 245v2, 385v2, or 650, try the steps above to check if it works. Otherwise, you can refer to the user manual to find the exact procedure.
If you are using it for a while, resetting would solve most of the problems.
In that case, you can contact the boAt support team (if in warranty) or purchase a new earphone. Note that resetting your headset won’t solve any hardware problems it might have.