Dual pairing in boAt Rockerz earphones is a feature that lets you connect two devices to your earphones at the same time. This is helpful if you want to listen to music while you’re talking on the phone or if you want to watch a movie while you’re working on your laptop. If you have boAt Rockerz 255 Pro Plus, 330 or 335 model, you can enjoy the benefits of the dual pairing feature. There are a few steps that you need to take in order to dual pair the boAt Bluetooth earphones. Let’s discuss this further with me.
Dual Pairing Meaning in Bluetooth earphones
Dual pairing meaning in Bluetooth earphones is when a user connects two Bluetooth devices to one earphone at the same time. Suppose that you have a laptop and a smartphone. First you connect the boAt headset to your smartphone and after that, you connect the same Bluetooth headset to your laptop, without disconnecting the smartphone’s connection.
Please note that not all boAt Rockerz earphones support the dual pairing feature. Hence, if you need it, please check with the specifications before making any purchase. These models support this feature:
- boAt Rockerz 255 Pro Plus
- boAt Rockerz 330 (& Pro)
- boAt Rockerz 335
How to Dual Pair boAt Rockerz 255 Pro Plus?
- Turn on the Bluetooth of boAt earphone & smartphone.
- Start searching for Bluetooth devices nearby.
- Tap on device “boAt Rockerz 255 Pro+” and approve the pairing request on your smartphone.
- Hear the confirmation message that says “connected”.
- Now, turn ON the Bluetooth of your laptop.
- Search for devices & complete the pairing process as you did with the smartphone.
- Congrats! Your boAt earphone is now connected to the smartphone as well as with the laptop.
The dual-pairing process is as simple as connecting individual Bluetooth earphones to your device. If you have other models like Rockerz 330/Pro or 335, the steps are exactly the same.
How to use the Dual Pair Feature?
If you’re connected to two devices, you can only use them one at a time. You can’t both smartphone & laptop at same time. If you have two devices connected to the same pair of earphones, only one will be audible in the earphones at a time. If the device is playing in any media prior to the other will be audible in the earphones and to listen to the 2nd device, you need to pause the first device.
VoIP features (like voice calls and video calls) take priority over entertainment content (music and videos), so if you’re listening to music on laptop & get a call on the phone, the smartphone connection will come into play. The laptop-earphone connection will go on hold. When that call ends, they’ll switch back over to music on the laptop while the smartphone goes back into standby mode until something else happens).
Another thing to remember regarding multi-switching is that switching between phones or cell phones to a laptop is almost instantaneous, but on the other hand, switching laptop to phone takes roughly 20 seconds. It’s not that quick.
What to do if Dual Pairing Doesn’t work?
- First, pair the boAt Rockerz to your first phone as usual.
- Switch off the earphones and turn it back on again.
- Enable Bluetooth on your second phone and try pairing it to boAt Rockerz earphone as before. Make sure that you do this by pressing and holding both buttons until you see a white light (or short press until the white light comes on). All boAt earphones have IWP feature so it should connect automatically.
- Repeat this process with your second phone as well.
- You should now see two devices appearing when you look at your Bluetooth settings on both of your phones; select the one called “boAt Rockerz <model name>” for each of them so that they are paired together.
- If all doesn’t work, try a reset.
Conclusion | boAt Rockerz Dual Pairing
Having the ability to pair two devices at the same time is a handy feature that very few people know about. They’re not a perfect solution, mind you, but they can be invaluable if you know how to use them properly. Dual pairing in boAt Rockerz earphones is an easy way to customize your listening experience. It also means you don’t have to worry about getting surprise calls in between the music or a movie, which is great for on-the-go listening.
This means you can connect two devices to your earphones at the same time.
No, only selected models support it.
Currently, only Rockerz series support dual pairing. Earbuds are excluded.