Do you have a pair of wireless earphones or headphones? If your answer is yes then chances are that you just love to listen to music. However, you may be feeling confused if you are asking the question “how long do Bluetooth earphones last?”. It may last about 2 years or even more. To know more about this, continue reading.
This is a question that you’ll want to ask yourself before you really commit to a certain pair or model of Bluetooths earphones. And it’s also something that might be worth looking into if you are someone who uses them every day and for hours at a time.
If you’ve ever used Bluetooth earphones, you’re probably aware of all the benefits of these convenient gadgets. More and more people use them these days, due to the wide range of benefits they offer.
Since Bluetooth earphones are a relatively new invention, you might be wondering how long they can last? We will try to find an answer to this crucial question.
Why it’s Important to Take Good Care of Earphones?
Earphones are a very important part of our life. We can use it when we are travelling, when we are in our car or when we are doing any kind of activity. So it is not at all a surprise that earphones get damaged very easily too.
Tearing your earphone wires can be very annoying, especially if you have to buy a new one again and again due to this reason.
So, how to take care of your earphones so that they last longer? Well, you must be thinking about what all things should you do in order to protect it from getting damaged. Here is a list of things that you should follow:
Tips to Use your Earphones for Longer Lifespan:
- It’s better to store the earbuds or earphones in their case when they are not being used. This will protect it from getting tangled and breaking apart.
- Never pull out the wire from the neckband forcefully because this may lead to breakage of wires inside it and also never insert it forcibly as it may damage the wires inside as well.
- Do not use force while inserting the jack into the port, try inserting it gently.
- Never use sharp objects such as knives or scissors for cutting off the wires.
- Treat them gently: It’s important to handle your earphones with care since they are delicate and fragile. Cleaning the earphones more than once can cause them to get damaged. So, always handle your earphones with care and wipe them off if they get too dirty.
- Never let your earphones dangle freely from your ears or carry them in the pocket where they might get caught on something and pulled out accidentally. If that happens, you run the risk of damaging the wires inside.
How Long Do Bluetooth Earphones Really Last?
How long do Bluetooth earbuds last? First of all, let’s be clear about one thing: Bluetooth earbuds aren’t supposed to last forever. Yes, some of them come with a “10-hour battery life,” but that’s always going to be less than what you’ll actually get.
Once you start to charge the earbuds every day, their battery life will decrease to a point where it can be annoying – especially if you’re listening to music for more than an hour at a time. Neckbands can play music for 6-8 hours before exhausting. Don’t wait for the battery level of earphones to drop zero, plug in the charger at 20%.
That’s because they have to work much harder to transmit sound through the air without wires and without any sort of interference.
There’s no denying that the convenience of Bluetooth makes it more likely you’ll use your earbuds or headphones more often than wired units, but the question remains: How long do they really last?
The answer to this question will depend on your usage habits and also the type of Bluetooth headphones that you choose for yourself.
The good news is that there are plenty of options available in the market today. However, if you’re looking for a pair that will last at least 5 years without fail even if used daily.
Bluetooth Earphones can Last for 2 Years
Now back to your original question: How many years do wireless headphones last? In most cases, they should last around 1-2 years before they stop working correctly.
Bluetooth earphones are absolutely fantastic, but they are not going to last you a lifetime. When it comes to the actual Bluetooth part of these devices, we’re looking at an average life of somewhere between two and five years. However, in terms of the lifespan of the earbuds themselves, there’s a lot more to consider.
To protect the Bluetooth earphones against sweat and dust, you can remove them after use and place them in the case or box. When not in use, you can also put a paper towel in the case to absorb moisture.
Regularly clean the Bluetooth earphones with a soft cloth. Do not wash your earphones with water or liquid detergent. In addition, when using your Bluetooth headphones, please do not speak loudly when you are wearing them.
Do Bluetooth headphones last longer than neckbands of earbuds? In my opinion, yes the over-ear wireless headphones have the tendency to last longer than the two. On the other side, truly wireless earbuds can serve you more years than neckbands.
How To Extend The Lifespan of Bluetooth Earphones?
There are many ways to extend the life of Bluetooth earphones, but a few are quite effective. You can find them out from the following paragraphs:
- Don’t use the earphones when it’s charging.
- Do not expose your earphones to water or sweat.
- Don’t use your earphones too loudly for long periods of time Don’t twist or bend the wire.
- Don’t store your earphones under direct sunlight or extremely hot places.
- Don’t DIY repair your earphones by yourself if you don’t know what to do.
- Don’t place it in a place where there is a high concentration of metal;
- Put it in storage (for example, a pencil box) after using it;
- Don’t continue using it once the battery has run out.
Always remove the earbuds from their case when you aren’t using them. Leaving the earbuds in their case can lead to breakage due to the pressure that builds up inside of the case from being closed all of the time.
If you keep them in their case, be sure to open it up every so often and let any pressure out. Keep your headphones away from extreme heat. Extreme heat can damage most electronic devices, including your headphones.
If you have a tendency to leave your headphones in hot places (such as on top of a computer or next to an air vent), they may not last as long as they could if they were kept in cooler temperatures.
Don’t drop or throw your headphones. Dropping or throwing your headphones can cause irreparable damage by breaking internal wires or damaging earbud components.
What to Look Out For in Quality Bluetooth Earphones?
What is your experience with Bluetooth earphones? Do you have a pair that you love and recommend to others? Or do you have one that you regret buying?
Lots of people are looking for a good, reliable pair of Bluetooth earphones, but not everyone has the time to sift through all the options on the market. Here, we’ve listed 5 things to look out for when choosing a pair of Bluetooth earphones.
1. Comfort and Fit: One of the most important aspects to consider when shopping for headphones is how they will fit and feel on your ears.
The last thing you want is to be distracted by an uncomfortable pair, especially when you’re trying to focus on something specific like listening to music or catching up on the news while commuting to work.
2. The Bluetooth version: It’s important to note that the two most popular Bluetooth technologies currently available are Bluetooth 4.1 and 5.0.
The difference between them isn’t exactly massive but if you’re looking for the absolute best sound quality then 5.0 is definitely the better option as it offers a more advanced codec than its predecessor and this helps with audio performance and clarity.
3. Great Sound Quality: You can find two kinds of Bluetooth earphones in the market these days – those that let you listen to music from your phone or computer wirelessly, and those that also allow you to make calls easily.
Those who prefer wireless headphones for music listening should be looking for ones with great sound quality as well as noise cancellation capabilities. Some even come with specialized “bass enhancers” for added sound quality and depth.
4. Battery Backup: Battery life should always be an important factor when purchasing new earphones or headphones, especially if you’re going to be using them when exercising or commuting on public transport.
It is very important to consider how long the battery lives of these earbuds. As most Bluetooth earphones work by connecting to the mobile device through a Bluetooth connection, it is vital that they have a long-lasting battery life so that you do not need to charge them too frequently.
5. Warranty: Warranties can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on the manufacturer and cost of the product, so make sure to check that out before making your purchase. In India, 90% of Bluetooth earphones come with a 1-year warranty.
Conclusion | Lifespan of Bluetooth Headphones & Earbuds
Bluetooth earphones can be a great choice for working out, and it’s easy to lose track of time when you’re having so much fun.
But, if you aren’t careful, you could end up replacing your earphones too early, or even worse, dropping them in the sink. It’s important to know how long Bluetooth earphones can last. As per my experience, you can use any neckband or earbuds for 2 years straight provided you purchase a quality product.
It is inevitable that there will be some mild wear and tear with the lifespan of a product, and Bluetooth earphones are no exception. The right care can extend their life, however, so if you treat your earphones well they can last you a while.