If you have recently bought a wireless earphone (or earbuds), you might be wondering how long you should charge them before playing your music.
Bluetooth earphones are a great way to listen to music or take calls without having to worry about cords getting in the way.
They do not consume your smartphone’s battery, instead they have dedicated cells in them (ranging from 100 to 400 mAh). These cells need to be charged regularly for proper functioning. But is there any time limit for which we need to keep the Bluetooth earphones plugged in?
How long to charge your earphones?
It takes about two hours to completely charge most Bluetooth earphones. Some earphones may have a quick-charge feature that allows you to get a few hours of use after charging them for only 15 minutes or so. Once they’re fully charged, you can expect to get around five to eight hours of use before needing to charge them again.
For wireless earbuds, it is recommended that you charge them fully before use. This helps to ensure that the earbuds are able to hold the charge and function properly. Usually, the earbuds will take about 1.5 hours to fully charge after you place them inside the charging case.
For the charging case, however, it may take more than 2 hours for it to fully charge (as it has a giant battery size). For example, boAt Airdopes 441 Pro’s power case have a 2500 mAh giant battery which takes about 2.5 hours to fully charge.
According to earlockers, if you have over-ear headphone, it takes about 2-3 hours to fully charge.
The best way to charge your earphones
The best way to charge your earphones is to use the charging cable that came with them. If you don’t have it, any other micro-USB/type-C cable should work. Just make sure not to use a fast-charging USB port (if your headset doesn’t support that), as that could damage your earphones.
Secondly, avoid using a power bank to charge your earphones as the current draw could be too high and damage the battery. Also, avoid using them while they’re charging as this could also damage the battery.
What not to do when charging your wireless earphones
When it comes to charging your wireless earphones, there are a few things you should avoid doing:
1. Don’t use a fast charger – Using a fast charger can damage your earphones and shorten your lifespan. Stick to slow or moderate chargers instead.
2. Avoid exposing your earphones to extreme temperatures – Both hot and cold temperatures can damage your earphones, so it’s best to keep them at room temperature when charging.
3. Don’t leave your earphones plugged in for too long – Overcharging can also damage your earphones, so be sure to unplug them once they’re finished charging.
4. Don’t use a damaged or faulty charger – using a damaged or faulty charger can permanently damage your earphones. If your charger is damaged, replace it immediately.
5. Avoid using your earphones while they’re charging – This can not only damage your earphones, but it can also be dangerous. If you need to use them while they’re charging, be sure to unplug them as soon as possible.
By following these simple tips, you can extend the lifespan of your wireless earphones and keep them working properly for longer.
How do I know when my earbuds are fully charged?
When you put your TWS earbuds inside the power case for a few hours, they will get charged. To confirm this, you will notice a non-blinking LED light (maybe in green or white color) on the earbuds or powercase. This signifies that your earbuds are now fully charged.
Tips for maximizing battery life on Bluetooth earphones
Here are a few tips on increasing the battery life of Bluetooth headsets:
1. Use a lower volume setting.
2. Only use one earbud at a time if possible.
3. Avoid using your earphones in hot or humid weather.
4. Don’t leave your earphones turned on when you’re not using them.
5. Store your earphones in a cool, dry place when not in use.
6. Don’t expose your earphones to direct sunlight.
7. Avoid using your earphones while charging them.
8. Use the included charging case, if possible.
9. Keep your earphones clean and free of debris.
10. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for care and maintenance.
If you hate to charge your headset so often (like me), you can choose a Bluetooth earphone with a longer battery backup.
So, how long should you charge your Bluetooth earphones? It depends on the size of the battery and the type of charger.
Usually, it takes two to four hours to fully charge the earphones. However, if you’re using a fast charger, it will only take an hour or so (provided your headset supports it).
Make sure you read the instructions that come with your earphones to get the most accurate information. Now that you know how to charge Bluetooth earphones, you can enjoy your music without worrying about running out of power!
Can you overcharge the Bluetooth headset?
No, it is not possible to overcharge a Bluetooth headset. This is because the capacitor inside the earphones stops the charging process after reaching the 100% level.
Should I keep my earbuds always in case?
Yes, you should keep your earbuds in case most of the time. This is because keeping them outside makes the earbuds vulnerable to misplacing. Secondly, keeping them inside the case keeps the earbuds fully charged & ready to use, on-demand.
Should I remove earbuds while charging?
Yes, you should remove the earbuds while the power case is charging. However, it is not compulsory. if you keep them inside the case while charging the case, it heats up the earbuds.
Can I use Bluetooth earphones while charging?
You can use Bluetooth earphones while charging but it is highly discouraged.
What is the boAt Bluetooth headset charging time?
1.5 – 2 hours.